A.C.: AFTER COLLAPSE™ (sometimes referred to as A.C.) is a postapocalyptic role-playing game set at least 50 years after worldwide civilization has come to a slow, bitter end.
A.C. presents a detailed post-Collapse environment filled with opportunities for adventure and discovery. Characters, known as “Survivors,” cautiously comb through the dangerous ruins of once-great metropolises.
Everyone needs to eat. They also sometimes become ill or are injured. Whether food and beverages are prepared by people locally or fabricated items from before the Collapse, the calories gained by consuming them allow people to function for another day. Medicine, whether natural or technological, can make them more likely to recover from whatever ails them.
Salvagers and scavengers pride themselves on their ability to find food and medical supplies wherever they are. It doesn’t matter if what they locate, take, or purchase is basic or high-tech. Whatever it is aids them in living another day to their goals.
A.C.: AFTER COLLAPSE uses a d20-based architecture. Features include:
• craft-oriented Basic Skills that allow Survivors and NPCs to make food and drugs to
their own specifications;
• calorie values for a variety of manmade and fabricated foodstuffs;
• Drug Strength (DRG) values and described effects that reflect what manmade
or fabricated medications do for patients who take them;
• a system of Material Attributes (MATs) simulates the physical properties of
containers used to store food and drugs;
• Materiel Resistance factors (MARs) that define how much corrosion or
radiation containers resist in harsh environments; and
• a system of Structure Points (SPs) and Armor Points (APs) that simulate the
durability of food and drug containers when things go wrong.
Recommended for ages 14+.