Whether you’re protecting your home and family, exploring the ruins of civilization or simply travelling from place to place, it sometimes takes more than sheer will to succeed. Defending yourself from those who want your possessions - or your life - may require you to rely on something more than strong language. Before the chaos of the Collapse, both individuals and governments found that caseless firearms and ammunition were the best tools the task.
B.C.: BEFORE COLLAPSE® uses a d20-based architecture. Features include:
• a craft-oriented Basic Skill system that allows Characters to
make weapons and accessories to their own specifications;
• a system of modifiers that adjust Accuracy, Damage, and
Penetration to increase the lethality of precision-made
• a system of Material Attributes (MATs) that simulates the
physical properties of caseless firearms, ammunition, and
• Materiel Resistance (MAR) factors that define how much
corrosion and radiation guns, ammo, and accessories can
resist under combat conditions;
• differentiation between High Velocity (HV) and Low Velocity
(LV) attack types, simulating the potential effectiveness of
caseless ammunition; and
• the use of Hard Points (HDPs) and Vigor Points (VGPs) to
simulate the toughness of Survivors and NPCs and their
ability to resist lethal and nonlethal damage.
The future is coming. Will you be ready for it?
This sourcebook is intended to be used in conjunction with other role-playing materials designed for the A.C: AFTER COLLAPSE®, B.C.: BEFORE COLLAPSE®, and D.C.: DURING COLLAPSE® timelines.
Recommended for ages 14+.